LOVE is in the air!
Well, that’s probably not true but Valentines Day is just around the corner. I don’t usually celebrate Valentines Day, but I thought I’d give people ideas for gifts. I love treating people with special gifts. I can’t help it, I’m a giver. Also, I’m a hopeless romantic!
I notice every year how people ask me what they should get for their loved one. I always try to give them ideas that are cute, simple and romantic, but they end up getting stuff that are expensive and that don’t mean a lot. What happened to the simple things? What happened to the real meaning of Valentines Day? What happened to the real love?
If you’re curious about the history of Valentines Day, check the History website. They have some interesting facts!
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
I personally love making hand craft gifts. I believe those types of gifts are more special than materialistic items. A great place to look for DIY (do it yourself) ideas is Pinterest. That site has some really awesome ideas! However, the gift that you are giving depends mostly on the person. See the types of things that they like. Here are some cool websites that show you how to make some really cool gifts.
- How Does She? – 18 DIY simple gift ideas for him, that are under $5
- Hub Pages – 17 romantic DIY gift ideas for him
- Diply – 16 DIY bouquet gift ideas for him
- Life Buzz – This is an article that talks about a guy who made a note jar for his girlfriend. It shows you how to make it.
- Cute DIY Projects – 25+ DIY card and gift ideas
- A Little Craft In Your Life – 15 DIY gift ideas
- Everything Etsy – 101 handmade gift ideas
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
I love baking! It’s one of my hobbies. Baking someone heart shape cookies is a good way to show your love. Who doesn’t like cookies or anything baked for that matter?
If for some weird reason someone doesn’t like baked goods, you can always just cook them a dinner. Now, I know not everyone can cook or bake, but you should at least try to cook…or order take out and make it look like you made it. Remember, it’s the thought that counts! Here are some delicious foods you can make.
- Love And Marriage Blog – 20 breakfast ideas
- Buzz Feed Life – 27 Adorable Treats and 44 Heart Shaped Treats
- Life, Love and Sugar – 25 treats and desserts
- Southern Living – 14 Romantic Dinner Recipes
- Pint-sized Treasures – 25 Breakfast Recipes
- I Save A to Z – Chocolate-covered Strawberries Recipe
“Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
Let me tell you a little bit about flowers. I used to be a florist, so I know a thing or two about them. I used to work in a floral shop for a grocery store and an actual floral shop. Flowers are awesome! Giving someone flowers is the sweetest thing you can do. For Valentines Day, the one flower that is sold the most are red roses. I love roses, but I think they are a little overrated, but that’s just me. I prefer yellow roses. I don’t know why, I really like those.
Anyways, you can always get roses to show your love. Red and pink roses sell really fast around this time. If you plan to buy red or pink roses, I suggest ordering them early. I really recommend buying flowers from an actual floral shop instead of buying them at a grocery store.
Grocery stores are really packed on Valentines Day. So, they won’t always have what you are looking for. Also, think about all the people getting flowers at the same time. Some customers end up damaging product while shopping. I know this from experience.
Floral shops have better quality product that last a little longer than the one at the grocery store. Their florist will make sure to make your arrangement a little extra special. They also have a wider variety of flowers other than just roses. Their prices are a little bit more expensive, but it’s totally worth it.
Meaning of Roses:
- Red Roses – Sincere Love and Respect, Courage and Passion
- Dark Pink Roses – Appreciation and Gratitude
- Light Pink Roses – Admiration and Sympathy
- Yellow Roses – Happiness and Friendship
- White Roses – Innocence, Purity, To Honor, Remembrance
- Purple Roses – Enchantment and Enthrallment
- Orange Roses – Enthusiasm and Captivation
If you’re in the Houston area and need flowers, I recommend buying them from MK Events. Their floral arrangements are AMAZING! These photos were made from MK Events.
“Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.” – Zora Neale Hurston
Mix-tapes are the best! I love music! Who doesn’t? Making a mix-tape is a great way to tell someone your feelings towards them. Bonus: Sing them a song! I know that not everyone is a great singer, but it’s the thought that counts. Here are some songs that I found on Spotify.
Love Song Playlist Suggestions: a
- Thinking Out Loud – by Ed Sheeran
- One Call Away – by Charlie Puth
- Made For you – by Alexander Cardinal
- The Words – Christina Perri
- Remind Me – by Conrad Sewell
- Marry Me – by Jason Derulo
- Kiss Me – by Ed Sheeran
- Love Someone – by Jason Mraz
- Just the Way You Are – by Bruno Mars
- The Only Exception – by Paramore
- True Love – by Coldplay
- When a Man Loves a Woman – by Percy Sledge
- GOD Gave Me You – by Dave Barnes
- Not a Bad Thing – by Justin Timberlake
- A Sky Full of Stars – by Coldplay
- Every Breath You Take – by The Police
Buzz Feed Life has 16 cool ideas for homemade mix CD artwork
The Dating Divas has printable CD covers and romantic playlists for a mix-tape.
“Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love.” – Leo Tolstoy
I LOVE, love letters! I’ve never received a love letter before, but I would love it if I did. Writing a love letter is one of the best gifts you can give someone. Writing a love letter can be hard at first, but you have to just listen to your heart. That is what a love letter is all about, pouring your heart out to that special someone. If writing a letter is too hard, you can also try writing a poem or love notes.
I found Love Book Online, which helps you turn your love story in a book. This site is really Awesome! If you need a little help trying to write a love letter, Wiki How can help you write it. If you would like to include some love quotes, Brainy Quotes and Famous Quotes and Authors has some really sweet quotes you can use.
“My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep; the more I give to thee, The more I have, for both are infinite.” – William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
I hope some of these ideas can help you get that special gift for your loved one. I won’t be doing anything special for Valentines Day since I don’t have someone special in my life at the moment. Then again, there are still a few days left, I might meet someone new. Until Next Time!